Web Application Developer
Performant Software Solutions LLC is seeking a web application developer to join our team. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in collaborative web application development;
Additional desirable skills and experience include:
- React, Vue, Ember, Angular or another web component framework;
- Web-based mapping and/or data visualization toolsets such as Leaflet, D3, R;
- Open standards for humanistic scholarship, such as TEI, IIIF, Web Annotation and Linked Open Data.
- Developing software for digital humanities projects.
We have offices in Boston, MA and Charlottesville, Virginia. You can work remotely or on-site.
We are a team of software developers who love using web technologies to meet research challenges. We engage with problems of transcription, textual markup, annotation, linked open data and spatial and temporal visualizations. We’ve worked on projects funded by major government and private charitable organizations, and we’ve been at it since 2006.
Performant is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé to the link below. If you have a portfolio or a project of which you are particularly proud, please send a link to that as well. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!